Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilFAQRechercherS'enregistrerGroupesConnexion

Partagez | 

In English, please !

AuteurMessage
Ametis
Admin

Féminin Nombre de messages : 992
Loisirs : Dessin, écriture, théâtre, musique, cocktails...

MessageSujet: In English, please !   Lun 14 Mai 2018 - 20:58

[ Sujet uniquement en anglais SVP, n'hésitez pas à participer, quitte à utiliser Google Traduction  Wink  ]

So I think some of us where talking about opening a new topic in English, am I right ?
At last here it is  Smile

I suggest that we use it for a bit of everything, really. Texts, Essays, questions, flood talk... ANYTHING !

So allow me to start with a text I worte a couple of months ago about a dream I had... I wrote it straight in English because I wanted my Greek friend's opinion on it. And she cannot speak french. Plus, it was a good exercise for me  Smile

Here is the text:

There you go, it's just a small text really, I just wanted to practise writting in english and expressing feelings rather than physical description of a scene  Smile

Let me know what you think, and please share your texts ! Or just come to talk in English with meeee  Wink

Ciao ! (ah mince, c'est pas anglais ça (CRAP, neither was this !  D: ))

Mon blog perso: Le Soliloque de Tess
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Plumage
Chébérienne

Féminin Nombre de messages : 944
Loisirs : Méditer, méditer et encore méditer

MessageSujet: Re: In English, please !   Lun 21 Mai 2018 - 13:13

Hey Ametis !
Thank you for the creation of this topic, it's me who asked for that ! 
I don't really well speak english so i hope that this place will learn me a lot of new words ! 

Me, i want to talk about alimentation. Doesn't anyone here have stopped to eat meat ? Because i am pescatarian since a few months (this word is used to describe some people who didn't eat meat, with the exception of fish), so i would like to know if anyone feed like me  hippo

Tassa
Accro au forum ? Oui, pourquoi ?

Masculin Nombre de messages : 467
Loisirs : Chevaucher l'imagination vers de nouveaux horizons

MessageSujet: Re: In English, please !   Lun 21 Mai 2018 - 19:39

Hello there!

I think you guys had a great idea! I really like speaking in Shakespeare's language, but I'm not used to write in english. I guess this could be fun!

Citation :

Me, i want to talk about alimentation. Doesn't anyone here have stopped to eat meat ? Because i am pescatarian since a few months (this word is used to describe some people who didn't eat meat, with the exception of fish), so i would like to know if anyone feed like me  hippo

And this is a great topic! I'm myself a vegetarian, I used to be a pesatarian for years as a child and I even tried a vegen diet for a year (this was difficult).

How are things for you? Do you have the support of your family? Friends?

@Ametis

This is a weird dream! Any idea why you are dreaming about the end of the world?
And since we are talking about dreams, I have a question. How do you dream? Do you see though your eyes, or like me, you dream at the third person? I know a lot of people can dream both ways, but I only experienced disembodied experience.

Ametis
Admin

Féminin Nombre de messages : 992
Loisirs : Dessin, écriture, théâtre, musique, cocktails...

MessageSujet: Re: In English, please !   Mer 23 Mai 2018 - 18:36

@Plumage sorry dear, I'm a real carnivore and I love meat way too much to stop :( And I only eat raw fish, I don't like when it's cooked...

@Tassa Why was it hard to be vegan ? Was it because it's hard to find proper vegan ingredients, or was it because you couldn't find a new idea for your meal every day...? Or because the temptation was too big ?
Abut my dream, I truly have no idea. I think I remember I was doing good at the time, so I don't know why I dreamt about this... Also I'm very surprise that you only have third person dreams??? I only dream throught my eyes, I'm always in my own skin, and it's always me (I mean I'm not dreaming that I'm someone different like an old lady or a ninja...). It's the first time I hear about people doing third person dreams !! Is it very common ??

Mon blog perso: Le Soliloque de Tess
Tassa
Accro au forum ? Oui, pourquoi ?

Masculin Nombre de messages : 467
Loisirs : Chevaucher l'imagination vers de nouveaux horizons

MessageSujet: Re: In English, please !   Aujourd'hui à 0:27

As a vegan, the hardest part for me was that I wasn't able to eat in 95% of restaurants: they offered nothing without meat, eggs, milk et cheese. Not being able to eat with your friends when you want to go out is really sad in my opinion.

It was also hard to stop eating cheese, it's the more addictive food there is. Some studies have noticed that it is as addictive as drugs or tabacco. Meat, fish, eggs, milk, butter, it was all kind of easy for me to do without, but cheese was my big weakness.

On the other hand, I discovered as a vegan very tasty meals that I still enjoy, and some receipts like crepe without eggs, milk or butter that are really mind blowing.

Maybe I'll give it an other try some day. Maybe you should too, not a full year like me but for a week or a month.

About third person dreams. I have no idea if it is a common thing or not, all i know is I always dreamt this way. It's like watching a moovie or playing a video game : I know it's me, but I can see myself.

Also, in my dream, everyone is blurry, they are more like representations, ideas. Their facial features are not clear, but I still know who they are. But I think it has more to do with how my brain records information, maybe I'm not a visual type.

Do you see people as clearly in your dreams as in real life?

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: In English, please !   

In English, please !
Page 1 sur 1